I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) (www.imsg.com) is looking to hire a Database Applications Specialist to support the NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program located in Silver Spring, MD. A qualified candidate will develop new web applications and architecture elements for a SharePoint-based database system, support and improve existing systems, and work in close collaboration with the project manager, program staff, and other users to collect and maintain system-wide program data. This is a full-time one-year term position; subsequent years may be part-time.
The Coral Reef Conservation Program is a cross-cutting program that brings together expertise from a wide array of NOAA programs and offices. In strong partnership with coral reef managers, the Coral Program works to reduce harm to, and restore the health of, coral reefs, by addressing priority national threats (climate change, fishing, and land-based sources of pollution) and local management priorities through conservation activities. The Coral Program funds and equips reef conservation activities by NOAA and its partners in the seven U.S. states and jurisdictions containing coral reefs (American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Florida, Guam, Hawai`i, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands), uninhabited U.S.-flag areas, and internationally.
- Develop SharePoint 2010 applications, including custom web part pages for user input, work flows, and reports.
- Support the configuration and operations of the existing SharePoint-based database system.
- Update, enhance, and document the system, including revisions to the data model and underlying SharePoint architecture.
- Design and develop new subsystem applications to support ancillary datasets and program processes, including new data models, SharePoint applications, and custom web part pages.
- Develop dynamic querying capabilities, and provide programmatic queries to program staff as needed.
- Provide technical assistance, training, and support to users and program staff, and address bugs and user feedback.
- Coordinate with program staff and users to identify needs and gaps.
- Provide technical support for program websites, including graphic design and layout.
- Applicant’s work experience and training must demonstrate their ability to develop custom SharePoint 2010 applications.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining databases.
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer 2010 and Microsoft Access.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and GIS.
- Experience in providing data management support for large, complex entities.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar graphic editing software.
- Familiarity with website usability, cascading style sheets development, PHP, and HTML layout and design skills.
- Familiarity with data product integration into websites and other online tools.
Please submit your resume, the contact information for three (3) references, your salary requirements and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: NOA13012 Database Application Specialist
IMSG offers an outstanding benefits package including company paid medical benefits and three weeks paid time off.
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran friendly.