PENTAIR is hiring an AQUACULTURE SPECIALIST
Job title: Aquaculture specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Aquaculture Specialist position is responsible for supporting the sales teams by analyzing the customer's needs and providing the technical support for Pentair Aquatic Eco-system (PAES) products. They will also engage in problem solving by working with industry partners and developing solutions for customer projects and requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the PAES contact center and inside sales team on product related technical questions by providing assistance and sharing technical knowledge of PAES products and their applications.
- Effectively communicate with both the sales teams and customers direct to assist with product specifications, sizing, and applications.
- Respond to all incoming data, including phone calls, electronic mail, faxes, conventional mail, walk in customers, and other sales related documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- A thorough understanding of products related to all forms of aquaculture and aquaponics, with an emphasis on recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS).
- Proven ability to manage and execute technical support and assistance within the aquaculture industry.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have ability to work independently while handling a wide variety of projects and able to prioritize them effectively.
- Ability to remain in control, professional, and empathetic while handling customer interactions.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at navigating and toggling through multiple programs/applications at the same time.
EDUCATION AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
A Bachelor's degree in Aquaculture, Marine Biology or Fisheries Science plus 1 year of relevant experience with recirculating aquaculture systems. A Master's degree in Aquaculture is preferred. Must have proficient written (Microsoft Office Suite) and oral skills (face-to-face, telephone & public speaking) - Any accredited courses in Professional Selling, would be an asset.
Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer