Faculty Appointment Process and Responsibilities
1. Individuals will be appointed to the MEES Program Graduate Faculty for a five-year term based on:
- Their interest in participating and approval of their chairperson or director
- The appropriateness of their areas of research interest and evidence of current research activity and publication
- Their current appointment to a graduate faculty of an institution within the University System of Maryland
- A review by the MEES Program Committee, followed by official appointment by the MEES Director.
2. The benefits available to a MEES faculty member will be:
- The right to advise MEES students
3. Duties of a MEES faculty member will include
- Advising, and graduating, one or more MEES students during the faculty member's term
- Serving on committees for other MEES students as needed
- Agreeing to serve on MEES Program and AOS committees on a rotating basis.
- Teaching at least three graduate credits every other year, or equivalent parts thereof. This must be either a MEES course, or a MEES-relevant course in a department.
- Abiding by the policies of the MEES Program as established by the Program Committee.
If you are unable to fulfill all the above duties but would still like to be associated with the MEES program, you can apply to become a Participating Member of the MEES Faculty.
By filling out the form below, I wish to be appointed a Marine Estuarine Environmental Sciences (MEES) graduate faculty member. I have read the above description of duties and I agree to fulfill them to the best of my ability.
* = Required field
To complete the submission process for MEES Faculty, please upload a copy of your most recent CV below. These files will be stored on the University of Maryland's secure network, in a private folder for MEES only.