Lecturer-Environmental Science and Policy Program
University of Maryland, College Park
- Tech four, three credit, transdisciplinary courses each academic year, two per semester, in the areas of (1) oceans and marine systems, (2) freshwater resources, (3) quantitative environmental assessment and data management, (4) advanced environmental policy analysis, and (5) the core ENSP curriculum in rotation with other program faculty, as needed.
- Develop formal, ongoing internship agreements for ENSP majors with government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and private firms in the National Capital region and elsewhere in the United States and around the world.
- Ph.D. in environmental policy, science, or a closely related field.
- MS, MPP, or JD in a field closely related to environmental science, policy or law.
- Extensive knowledge of ocean and freshwater systems, particularly from the perspectives of the natural sciences and environmental policy or law.
- At least one year of college-level teaching experience with demonstrated excellence in the classroom.
- Professional experience in the field of environmental science or policy with a government agency, non-governmental organization, or private firm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of environmental modeling, data management, and quantitative assessments of environmental change and quality.
- Familiarity with transdisciplinary ways of knowing and teaching, and their relationship to the sustainability of natural waters and environmental systems..
- Go to: https://ejobs.umd.edu
- Select: Faculty
- Search for position number: 02041126
- For best consideration, apply by: MARCH 1, 2014